- An intelligent software developer with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Very enthusiastic and passionate about technology. Always reading, learning, programming and improving.
- STL, Boost, Django, jQuery and Ruby on Rails.
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite and NoSQL
- Ubuntu, CentOS and Windows.
- Make, CMake, Git, Vim and GDB.
- Object Orientated Design, Concurrency, MVC and RESTful Architecture.
- Test-Focused Development, Agile and Scrum.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (2011 – present)
Senior Software Developer, Electronic Systems Group.
- Developed and maintained complex multi-tiered and multi-platform high-availability systems.
- Designed and developed high speed real-time C++ applications for Linux, with extensive use of the STL and Boost libraries.
- Developed tools and test-harnesses, using C++, Python and Ruby, to aid in end-to-end and component-level automated testing.
- Gained substantial experience using and analysing low-level network and transport layer protocols.
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, MOD (2009 – 2011)
Electronic Engineer, Electronic Countermeasures.
- Increased the efficiency of automated testing systems by optimising code and implementing improved algorithms.
- Designed and developed a proof-of-concept device and its microcontroller interface for a long-term research project.
- Researching, implementing and evaluating digital signal processing techniques to increase the performance and efficiency of equipment.
University of Bath (2005 – 2009)
MSci Mathematics and Physics (First Class Honours).
- Advanced mathematical, optimisation and simulation techniques.
- Dissertation involved creating a substantial C application to simulate the chemical and mechanical characteristics of complex carbon nanostructures.
Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School (1998 – 2005)
A Levels: Computing A, Maths A, Physics A, Chemistry C.
- Cedric Morley award for Physics.
- Outstanding A level results award.